- Experience: Minimum 2 years
- Contract: Fixed Term
- Location: Cork
Ready to put your ambition into action? To work alongside bright minds, be part of supportive teams and to answer the questions that make a real difference to businesses? Discover a career at RDJ.
RDJ are a leading Irish corporate law firm combining the sharpest legal insight with human intelligence to deliver long-lasting business impact. By investing in the potential of our people and the relationships that create winning teams, we are the legal advisor of choice to some of the most innovative and ambitions companies across the globe and employer of choice to the best talent.
Empowering our clients with answers, not options in diverse areas of the Irish economy.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our Finance team in Cork. Working within the Finance team, the role consists of 2 primary functions:
- Supporting Credit Controller in the whole area of client billing and collections.
- Proving support to the finance team in general, in the core areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking and other finance elements.
- Assisting Credit Controller in the collection of outstanding client invoices.
- Approval/Issuing of invoices to clients in the accounts system.
- Management of aged debt portfolio.
- New client applications process: Reviewing required documentation as per Credit Control policy prior to setting up new client and review of credit reports from Vision Net.
- Processing credit notes and write offs upon approval.
- Allocation of receipts from client account to invoices.
- Process withholding tax balances on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with other finance processes, as part of wider Finance Team.
Background and experience:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in a professional services environment would be an advantage
- IT literate and in particular strong Excel capability
- Quick to learn new systems
Key Skills Required:
- Driven to complete daily and weekly tasks
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for improvements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and working to deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
We offer leading wellbeing initiatives, support for employees walking or cycling to work and respect for our people’s work-life balance. We’ve been recognised as leaders in workplace wellbeing by Ibec, as well as earning the KeepWell Mark and being listed in Leading in Wellbeing Top 100 Companies 2023.