- Area: Commercial Contracts
- Experience: 3 years
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: Cork
Ready to put your ambition into action? To work alongside bright minds, be part of supportive teams and to answer the questions that make a real difference to businesses? Discover a career at RDJ.
RDJ are a leading Irish corporate law firm combining the sharpest legal insight with human intelligence to deliver long-lasting business impact. By investing in the potential of our people and the relationships that create winning teams, we are the legal advisor of choice to some of the most innovative and ambitions companies across the globe and employer of choice to the best talent.
Empowering our clients with answers, not options in diverse areas of the Irish economy.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Technology/Commercial lawyer to join our Corporate & Commercial team working in the areas of Research Innovation and Technology and Commercial Contracts in Cork. The team comprises a highly regarded group of lawyers spread across our 3 offices in Cork, Dublin and Galway. We share a passion for delivering commercial solutions to the legal issues faced by our clients and take real pride in what we do.
The Research Innovation and Technology practice at RDJ comprises a core group of specialist lawyers with substantial experience in advising and assisting clients on a various legal aspects concerning research and development and knowledge transfer, as well as acquisition and effective commercialisation of intellectual property. The team counts amongst its clients in this area multi-nationals, indigenous Irish businesses, higher education institutions, clinical organisations and growing technology firms. The Commercial Contracts team advices a broad spectrum of clients in relation to contractual, technology and e-commerce issues.
This is a full-time permanent role with hybrid working and flexibility available
Background and experience:
Associates with a minimum of 3 years of general commercial experience in a leading Irish or international corporate law firm are encouraged to apply.
Key Skills Required:
- Commercially astute with a strong business sense
- Experienced in both working as part of a team and independently, with specific experience in a broad range of intellectual property and commercial contract matters including technology licensing, data protection and e-commerce.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Manage internal and external client relationships
- Have a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met
- Have excellent academic credentials
- Be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience
We offer leading wellbeing initiatives, support for employees walking or cycling to work and respect for our people’s work-life balance. We’ve been recognised as leaders in workplace wellbeing by Ibec, as well as earning the KeepWell Mark and being listed in Leading in Wellbeing Top 100 Companies 2022.
Interested candidates should apply with their CV and cover letter to email@example.com