Partner, Dublin Office
Alison is a Partner, practising across the areas of projects and construction both in Ireland and internationally. She brings agile decision making to our teams, delivering optimal results for developers, employers, banks, state bodies and contractors. In addition to bespoke forms of contract, Alison also advises on all industry standard contracts including New Engineering (NEC), International Federation of Consulting Engineers, Royal Institute of Architects in Ireland, Joint Contract Tribunal and Engineers Ireland contracts. Prioritising clarity on large and complex building and engineering projects, Alison helps clients reach their full potential.
Experienced in advising tier one clients on forward-funding development arrangements with exceptional attention to detail, Alison has negotiated and drafted development finance agreements for some of Ireland’s largest owners and developers, along with all related documents such as building contracts, consultants’ appointments, bonds and health and safety documentation. Alison also advises clients on contractual claims which may arise during construction.
In addition, Alison spent over 2 years as the inhouse legal advisor to an international contractor advising on all aspects of its NEC3 contract.
- University College Dublin on the procurement and construction of its Future Campus Project (the “Project”). The Project will see the creation of new public spaces and two new buildings comprising 24,000m2 of new academic space at the entrance to UCD.
- Irish pillar banks on the financing of a number of residential developments across Ireland, including a modular housing development.
- Irish and international developers in relation to the design and construction of, among other things, residential units (social housing and PRS), hotels and student accommodation.
- An Irish university in relation to the termination of the main contractor from a redevelopment project on its campus.
- International contractor on a design and build contract for the development of a residential development in county Dublin.
Trinity College Dublin (LL.M)
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Commercial Property)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
extremely helpful in explaining complex elements of the contract in understandable terms. Her advice was sound and overall she was very efficient, accessible and responsive– The Legal 500 (2022)
provides invaluable advice which combines legal expertise and commercial reality– The Legal 500 (2022)
Alison Bearpark is an excellent communicator. She is very responsive and her ability to meet hard deadlines is noteworthy– Chambers Europe (2022)
Key milestone reached in development of the Mid-West region’s first large-scale private hospital
Bon Secours Health System (BSHS) has reached a key milestone in its development of the Mid-West region's first large-scale private hospital with the granting of planning permi...
Beechbrook Capital provide follow-on capital to the BHSL Group to facilitate growth
RDJ advised Beechbrook Capital on the provision of follow-on capital to the BHSL Group to facilitate their continued growth following the acquisition of Glan Agua Ltd.
Legal Considerations for Parties Undertaking Retrofitting Projects
On 8 February 2022, the Government announced a new National Home Energy Upgrade Scheme (the “Scheme”) which will provide increased grant levels of up to 50% of the cost of a t...
RDJ advises on €53 million Public Lighting Energy Efficiency Project for the South West
RDJ is advising on the Public Lighting Energy Efficiency Project for the South West Region (PLEEP-SW), which will see five local authorities invest €53 million in upgrading th...
Current trends in Collateral Agreements
Collateral Warranties in Construction Transactions Webinar