Partner, Dublin Office
Paul is a partner and the Head of Housing in the Real Estate Department of RDJ LLP. With more than 20 years experience as a Real Estate lawyer, Paul specialises in advising developer clients in all aspects of the acquisition, development and sale of residential property developments.
He also has significant experience in a wide variety of other property work acting for clients ranging from multinational and publicly listed companies, large retail chains and banks to local authorities, state bodies and foreign governments.
- Advised developer clients in the sale of residential units with a value in excess of €250,000,000 in 2022/sale of more than 700 residential properties in 2022
- Advised Glenveagh Homes Limited in the sale of 134 units at Marina Village Greystones for in excess of €60,000,000
- Advised Glenveagh Homes Limited in the sale to Cluid Housing Association of the first Cost Rental Equity Loan (CREL) Scheme units in Ireland
- Advised On Track Developments Limited in the financing and letting of a mixed commercial and residential development at Barnewalls Way, Dublin
- Advising in the acquisition and sale of development sites in Dublin, Kildare and Carlow
Trinity College, Dublin (LLB Hons.)
University College Dublin (Diploma in Business Studies)
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Property Tax, Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring , Diploma in Finance law)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
The Team at RDJ provide an exceptional service. They have a deep experience and understanding of the legal landscape– The Legal 500 (2022)
very knowledgeable and proactive in their support– Chambers Europe (2022)
They are an excellent firm with a solid market reputation– The Legal 500 (2022)
RDJ Housing Conference: Foundations 24
RDJ held its inaugural housing conference, Foundations 24, at Páirc Uí Chaoimh on 25 January 2024 with over 300 clients, colleagues and industry stakeholders in attendance.
Secure Tenancy Affordable Rental (STAR) Scheme – How does it work and will it be a success?
The Secure Tenancy Affordable Rental (STAR) scheme has been brought forward by the Government to assist the delivery of new rental stock that will be earmarked for those in th...
Land Development Agency - Announcement of intention to expand its current function to acquire land privately
On Friday 21 July 2023, the Land Development Agency announced that it is now seeking expressions of interest from private landowners as it plans to begin purchasing privately-...
RDJ expands real estate practice with new housing team
RDJ has appointed Paul McCutcheon as Partner to fill the new role of Head of Housing.
Developer Marlet sells Mount Merrion units to Real I.S.
We’re proud to have advised Marlet Property Group on the sale of Oatlands Manor, a south Dublin luxury residential development, to the German Group, Real I.S. AG. The RDJ tran...
Louis Fitzgerald Group to acquire iconic Imperial Hotel Cork
RDJ advised The Imperial Hotel Cork on its proposed acquisition by The Louis Fitzgerald Group, one of the largest family-run hospitality groups in the country.