Senior Associate, Dublin Office
Sarah is a Senior Associate, practising across the key areas of Corporate and Commercial (including each of M&A/corporate finance, corporate advisory and commercial advisory) and Cyber and Data Protection, and is a member of the firm’s Technology, Healthcare and Gaming and Betting sector groups. Sarah trained with RDJ in Cork and moved to RDJ Dublin to become a key member of that office’s expanding corporate practice.
She has a particular specialisation and interest in the technology sector, with the knowledge and experience to help clients of all types and at all stages of growth in the field maximise their potential through focused, practical, expedient and commercially-focused advice in the manner that they seek. She also has a deep expertise in all aspects of data protection law and compliance, advising clients, including multinational companies, large public sector bodies and innovative technology companies in all sectors and across all sizes on complex data protection queries. Sarah has a legal knowledge across all of the key commercial subject areas relevant to modern business and innovation as well as a business awareness that means she gives the highest quality advice to clients.
In addition, Sarah brings highly-regarded complex cross-border transaction experience and insights to her clients, having worked on numerous complex and high-value transactions across M&A, private equity, venture capital, restructuring and all other deal types.
Sarah is an active member of the American Chamber of Commerce and the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA). She has represented Ireland at the International Client Consultation Competition and won awards in Blackhall for exam results.
- Advised Irish communication software company Poppulo on its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners backed Four Winds Interactive (FWI) in a deal that valued both firms at an estimated $1bn.
- Advised GTT Communications, Inc. (NYSE: GTT) on the sale of its infrastructure business to a fund managed by I Squared Capital for US$2.15bn.
- Advised Marco Polo Network (formerly TradeIX) on a US$10m Series B round by Japan’s leading banking institution, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- General corporate and commercial advisors to multi-jurisdictional clients such as Free Now, Sector Alarm and Domino’s Pizza.
- Key legal and commercial advisor to many high-potential start-ups and scaling companies in the technology field, including Wayleadr, Marco Polo Network, Otonomee, Stanhope Financial and more.
- “Identity and Personal Governance”, World Legal Summit, August 2019
- "GDPR - Beyond the Regulation: Recent, and Future, Legal Developments", Irish Computer Society, May 2019
- “The Law on Cybercrime in Ireland”, Tech Connect Live, May 2019
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Technology Law)
UCC (BCLGA Law & Irish, Hons)
UCC (LL.M Business Law, Hons)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (non-practising).
Qualified Data Protection Practitioner (PDP - Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection).
incredibly responsive and provides high-quality legal advice– The Legal 500 (2022)
always able and willing to help us at a moment’s notice. The quality of work is always second to none– The Legal 500 (2021)
very smart and detail orientated– The Legal 500 (2022)
Responding to a Data Subject Access Request – What additional information must be provided?
The GDPR establishes the right for Data Subjects to seek access to their personal data. In this helpful Insight, Ricky Kelly examines the additional information that must be f...
Brightwater Group acquires Raretec Recruitment
RDJ advised Brightwater Group on its acquisition of Raretec Recruitment, a leading actuarial recruitment specialist.
KARL STORZ acquires AventaMed DAC
RDJ advised AventaMed DAC on its acquisition by KARL STORZ, a German medical device company that manufactures and sells endoscopes and surgical instruments.
Sandvik acquires PMT Premier Machine Tools
RDJ advised PMT Premier Machine Tools Limited on its acquisition by Sandvik, a Swedish multinational engineering company specializing in metal cutting, digital and additive ma...
Damages arising from a data breach: when is it really non-material?
In this insight we consider recent developments in Ireland and the EU that will educate how organisations measure non-material damage suffered by individuals arising from a br...
Otonomee secures investment for expansion
Otonomee has secured a €1.5 million investment from the Martello Group to facilitate their continued international growth and development.