Associate, Dublin Office
Sarah is an Associate, practicing across the key areas of Corporate and Commercial (including each of M&A/corporate finance, corporate advisory and commercial advisory) and Cyber and Data Protection, and is a member of the firm’s Technology, Healthcare and Gaming and Betting sector groups. Sarah trained with RDJ in Cork and moved to RDJ Dublin to become a key member of that office’s expanding corporate practice.
She has a particular specialisation and interest in the technology sector, with the knowledge and experience to help clients of all types and at all stages of growth in the field maximise their potential through focused, practical, expedient and commercially-focused advice in the manner that they seek. She also has a deep expertise in all aspects of data protection law and compliance, advising clients, including multinational companies, large public sector bodies and innovative technology companies in all sectors and across all sizes on complex data protection queries. Sarah has a legal knowledge across all of the key commercial subject areas relevant to modern business and innovation as well as a business awareness that means she gives the highest quality advice to clients.
In addition, Sarah brings highly-regarded complex cross-border transaction experience and insights to her clients, having worked on numerous complex and high-value transactions across M&A, private equity, venture capital, restructuring and all other deal types.
Sarah is an active member of the American Chamber of Commerce and the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA). She has represented Ireland at the International Client Consultation Competition and won awards in Blackhall for exam results.
- Advised Irish communication software company Poppulo on its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners backed Four Winds Interactive (FWI) in a deal that valued both firms at an estimated $1bn.
- Advised GTT Communications, Inc. (NYSE: GTT) on the sale of its infrastructure business to a fund managed by I Squared Capital for US$2.15bn.
- Advised Marco Polo Network (formerly TradeIX) on a US$10m Series B round by Japan’s leading banking institution, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- General corporate and commercial advisors to multi-jurisdictional clients such as Free Now, Sector Alarm and Domino’s Pizza.
- Key legal and commercial advisor to many high-potential start-ups and scaling companies in the technology field, including Wayleadr, Marco Polo Network, Otonomee, Stanhope Financial and more.
- “Identity and Personal Governance”, World Legal Summit, August 2019
- "GDPR - Beyond the Regulation: Recent, and Future, Legal Developments", Irish Computer Society, May 2019
- “The Law on Cybercrime in Ireland”, Tech Connect Live, May 2019
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Technology Law)
UCC (BCLGA Law & Irish, Hons)
UCC (LL.M Business Law, Hons)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (non-practising).
Qualified Data Protection Practitioner (PDP - Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection).
incredibly responsive and provides high-quality legal advice– The Legal 500 (2022)
always able and willing to help us at a moment’s notice. The quality of work is always second to none– The Legal 500 (2021)
very smart and detail orientated– The Legal 500 (2022)
Enhanced merger review powers for the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission under new legislation
The Competition Amendment Bill 2022 recently completed all stages of the Oireachtas (Houses of Parliament) and has been sent to the President to be signed into law. While the ...
Dublin Meat Company secures investment for expansion
Dublin Meat Company has secured a multi-million euro investment from BGF, Ireland’s largest growth capital investor. Part of the funding will be used to acquire Monaghan food ...
The Data Act – “It's not personal, it's just business"
The objectives of its data strategy are to make the EU a “role model and leader for a society empowered by data”. Recognising the amount of data that continues to be generated...
The Data Protection Commission’s Annual Report for 2021
The Data Protection Commission (“DPC”) recently published its 2021 Annual Report (the “Report”), marking the end of the third full calendar year of the General Data Protection...
Intellectual Property Rights and Artificial Intelligence: The Printing Revolution meets Industry 4.0
We live in a world where technology enjoys exponential growth and limitless developments.
Healthcare 21 acquires O’Flynn Medical
RDJ advised medical equipment supplier Healthcare 21 on its recent acquisition of O’Flynn Medical.