Senior Associate, Dublin Office
Sarah is a Senior Associate, practising across the key areas of Corporate and Commercial (including each of M&A/corporate finance, corporate advisory and commercial advisory), as well as Cyber and Data Protection, Technology and AI. She is a member of the firm’s Technology, Healthcare and AI sector groups.
Although Sarah advises clients in all sectors and of all sizes on transactional and commercial/corporate advisory matters, she has a particular specialisation and interest in the technology sector, with the knowledge and experience to help clients at all stages of growth. She has advised on numerous complex and high-value transactions across M&A, private equity, venture capital investment and restructuring, both in the technology sector and generally. Her advisory work covers all business challenges faced by organisations, including commercial matters, contracting, IP protection, governance and compliance. She also has a deep expertise in all aspects of data protection law and compliance, advising clients, including multinational companies, large public sector bodies and innovative technology companies in all sectors and across all sizes on complex data protection queries.
Currently, Sarah leverages her extensive knowledge of emerging regulations and industry best practices to counsel clients in implementing effective governance and risk management structures to mitigate AI legal and regulatory risks. She regularly advises clients on AI regulations, including the impending EU AI Act, as well as the application of existing legal frameworks such as data protection and IP to the development and use of AI-based technologies and content.
Sarah is an active member of the American Chamber of Commerce, Dublin Chamber of Commerce, the Irish Venture Capital Association and the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
- Advised Powerpoint Engineering Limited, a market leading provider of electrical test, monitoring and safety equipment, and specialist services and training across Europe, on its acquisition by Indutrade AB.
- Advised Spearline on its sale to Silicon Valley customer experience (CX) tech company Cyara.
- Advised Dublin Meat Company (specialist food producer) on both its investment from BGF and its acquisition of Monaghan-based food manufacturer Swift Fine Foods.
- Advised Irish communication software company Poppulo on its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners backed Four Winds Interactive (FWI) in a deal that valued both firms at an estimated $1bn.
- Advised GTT Communications, Inc. (NYSE: GTT) on the sale of its infrastructure business to a fund managed by I Squared Capital for US$2.15bn.
- General corporate and commercial advisors to multi-jurisdictional clients such as Free Now, Sector Alarm and Domino’s Pizza.
- Key legal and commercial advisor to many high-potential start-ups and scaling companies in the technology field, including Wayleadr, Riley, Geowox, Otonomee, Stanhope Financial, Abi Global Health and more.
- “AI and Law: Regulation and Governance”, University of Galway AI Seminar, November 2023
- “Legal for Start-Ups”, AWS Start-Up Loft Accelerator, February 2023
- “The role of in-house counsel in good corporate governance”, RDJ Corporate Counsel Series, November 2022
- “The New Corporate Enforcement Authority”, CPA Ireland, October 2022
- “IT contracting: law and practice”, RDJ Corporate Counsel Series, September 2021
- “Identity and Personal Governance”, World Legal Summit, August 2019
- "GDPR - Beyond the Regulation: Recent, and Future, Legal Developments", Irish Computer Society, May 2019
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Technology Law)
UCC (BCLGA Law & Irish, Hons)
UCC (LL.M Business Law, Hons)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (non-practising).
Qualified Data Protection Practitioner (PDP - Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection).
Sarah Slevin always provides good advice at an unexpected time of need. Her advice is always efficient and competent and explained in a very concise and clear way. She handles everything with professionalism and care.– The Legal 500 (2023)
always able and willing to help us at a moment’s notice. The quality of work is always second to none– The Legal 500 (2021)
Sarah Slevin is extremely efficient and always provides full and comprehensive feedback.– The Legal 500 (2023)
Enerpower Secures Investment for Expansion
We’re proud to have advised Enerpower on a significant investment by renewable energy developer, Greenvolt.
Indutrade acquires the Irish electrical safety and test equipment expert Powerpoint Engineering
RDJ advised Powerpoint Engineering Limited, a market leading provider of electrical test, monitoring and safety equipment, and specialist services and training across Europe, ...
Expansion of Joint Ventures and Merger Control
Expansion to a joint venture's business activities can give trigger a new merger notification requirement to The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission. Diarmaid Gavi...
The Avoca Clinic secures investment for expansion
RDJ advised The Avoca Clinic on their €7m equity investment from BGF to facilitate their continued growth and development across Ireland. The Avoca Clinic is one of Ireland’s ...
Using AI in Your Business: What to Consider, and What Rules are Coming
The rapid advancements of Artificial Intelligence continues to create numerous legal and ethical challenges. Whilst generative AI tools have become part of business operations...
New Block Exemption for R&D Agreements
On the 1st of July 2023, a new block exemption regulation for R&D agreements will come into force. Diarmaid Gavin and Aoife Nazneen Nurul Khasri from RDJ's Research, Innov...