The healthcare team at RDJ understand the challenges that enabling technologies can bring, from data and cyber security concerns to IP protection issues. We offer clear, commercially focused solutions to these challenges to ensure our clients can lead the healthcare transformation and develop evolving healthcare solutions.
Ireland is already a world leader in biotech, biopharma and MedTech and is well placed to build on this reputation for excellence through innovative digital healthcare delivery. The collaborative eco-system that exists between international software companies, leading cyber security companies and cutting-edge research centres which bring together industry and academia will underpin and drive our ambitions in this regard.
Covid-19 restrictions have accelerated demand for digital health solutions: telehealth and telemedicine solutions are being utilised to maintain continuity of care during these times of unprecedented pressure on hospital and care services. Separately, data driven technologies and AI powered healthcare services have been deployed to assist the fight against pandemic contact tracing and a reduction diagnostic times. The Programme for Government (June 2020) specifically references the need to retain and build on many of the Covid-19 digital healthcare responses. RDJ can provide the insight and legal know how to help achieve this goal.
At RDJ we are committed to supporting clients involved in the digital transformation of healthcare models.
We do this by:
- constantly looking ahead, actively monitoring innovators and innovations in the healthcare market and across the broad healthcare ecosystem;
- interrogating the business and legal issues pertinent to the acceleration digital health solution;
- drawing from our in-depth understanding of the sector, actively considering solutions and novel approaches to current frictions, and help realising opportunities for our clients; and
- reviewing government supports and strategies relevant to the digital health space.
- Data protection
- Cyber security;
- Regulation of digital health models;
- Collaborative research projects and clinical trials;
- Commercial agreements and liability;
- Equity and debt fundraisings;
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures;
- Tax: Transactional Support Services, IP Tax treatment.
- Clients developing digital health technologies and resources including mobile phone apps, wearable devices, tele-health facilities
- Health insurers
- Private and public hospitals
- Clinical laboratories and research centres
- Research Performing Organisations