M&A and Corporate Transactions
RDJ is an industry leader in corporate transactions. We represent a diverse range of international and domestic companies and financial institutions on their most important mergers, acquisitions and takeover transactions.Meet the team
With proven experience advising on cross-border deals, complex funding structures and diverse shareholder groups, we partner with you every step of the way to efficiently drive transactions to close.
Our M&A lawyers work seamlessly with our lawyers in numerous other practices – including tax, finance, corporate governance, competition, commercial property and employment – and with fellow TerraLex firms around the globe – to minimise your risk and provide an end-to-end, high-value service.
Our broad experience includes:
Private company disposals (including ‘vendor managed’ sale processes)
Private company acquisitions
Group restructuring and re-organisations
Private equity and venture capital transactions
Our involvement as advisor in market-leading deals such as advising:
- DPS Group Global on its acquisition by Dutch global design, engineering and management consulting company Arcadis.
- Maurice Johnson & Partners on its acquisition by Phenna Group, an international testing, inspection, certification and compliance firm based in Nottingham, UK.
- O’Leary Insurances on its sale to Brown & Brown (NYSE: BRO), the sixth largest independent broker in the US.
- GTT Communications, Inc. (NYSE: GTT) on the sale of its infrastructure business to a fund managed by I Squared Capital for US$2.15bn.
- Irish communication software company Poppulo on its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners backed Four Winds Interactive (FWI) in a deal that valued both firms at an estimated $1bn.
- ByrneLooby on its acquisition by Spanish technology and engineering giant Ayesa.
- BioPharma Engineering on its acquisition by Unispace, a global workplace strategy, design and construction firm.
- Cross Group in connection with its sale to Lonsdale Capital Partners, a UK based private equity house and subsequent rollover investment in Cross Rental and Hire Services Limited.
- BDA Logistics Innovation on its acquisition by leading European service logistics specialist, Carousel Logistics.
- Italian-based Masco Group on its acquisition of a majority stake of BCD Engineering.
- Enterprise Systems Partners (ESP) on its acquisition by consulting giant Accenture (NYSE: ACN).
- FNZ (UK) Limited on its acquisition of Irish Progressive Services International Limited (part of the Irish Life group).
- PFH Technology, Irelands largest ICT and management services on its acquisition of Terra Alto Limited.
- Client Solutions in a management buy-out from US multinational Tech Data (NASDAQ: TECD), one of the world’s largest distributors of IT products and services, and subsequent sale to EY
- Compliance and Risks Limited on its sale to San Francisco based private equity fund Luminate Capital.
RDJ has become like an extension of our Group and is our go to choice for our M&A needs– The Legal 500 (2022)
very knowledgeable, straight to the point – no time wasting, and have access to specialised experts where necessary– The Legal 500 (2022)
commercial vision, know-how and ability to work with other side to find solutions to problems– Chambers Europe (2022)
Commercially minded, highly efficient– The Legal 500 (2022)
Sean’s dedication and constant positive attitude towards the work was most impressive. It was a project that took a number of months and his focus and determination kept the deal on track and ensured the positive outcome– The Legal 500 (2022)