Partner, Cork Office
Seán is a Partner, practising as part of the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team. He has broad-ranging experience as a corporate lawyer. Seán is well respected as a trusted adviser with a depth of legal knowledge and a pragmatic, result-focussed approach in company, contract and commercial law. On the transactional side, Seán has extensive experience in high value mergers and acquisitions work, including a number of high profile sales and acquisitions in the technology, hospitality and healthcare sectors. Seán regularly advises upon the company law issues arising from and implemented a number of complex group re-organisations.
He also frequently advises on equity financing projects and has handled investment work for companies, private investors and venture capital investors.
Seán has lectured in contract law and intellectual property law on the LLB course in Griffith College Cork. Seán has had his published work cited with approval by the Irish High Court.
- on the sale of Compliance and Risks Limited on its sale to Luminate Capital.
- iNua Group Re-organisation and Equity Fundraising.
- on the Sale of Oxymem Limited on its acquisition by the DuPont Group.
- SensL Technologies on its acquisition by ON Semiconductor, a Nasdaq-listed Fortune 500 company headquartered in Arizona.
- Davy Real Estate on its acquisition of McWilliam Park, Connemara Coast, Harvey’s Point and Ballymascanlon Hotels.
- Healthcare 21- part sale to private equity in 2018 and its acquisition of O’Flynn Medical in 2022.
University College Cork (BCL Hons), (LLM), (Phd Candidate)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
- The Doctrine of State Liability for Breach of EU Law in the Irish Superior Courts (2020) 64 Irish Jurist 64-96
- Irish Tax Review - Criminalising Corruption: Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Act 2018 This article first appeared in Irish Tax Review, Vol. 32 No. 3 (2019) © Irish Tax Institute
- Köbler in the Common Law Courts: Cooper v Attorney General (2014) 17 Irish Journal of European Law 87
- E-Commerce and Contract Making (2012) 4(3) Irish Business Law Quarterly 19
- The Private Enforcement of European Community Law in the Irish Superior Courts (2009) 31 Dublin University Law Journal 324- cited with approval by Edwards J. in in the case of Environmental Protection Agency -v- Neiphin Trading Ltd & Ors  IEHC 67
Incredible subject matter expertise, dedication and constant positive attitude towards the work was most impressive. It was a project that took a number of months and his focus and determination kept the deal on track and ensured the positive outcome.– The Legal 500 (2022)
Seán is recognised for exceptional standing in the legal community for his work in Commercial, Corporate and M&A in The Legal 500.– The Legal 500
Tenant finds there is no frustration during Covid
A very recent High Court judgement in the case of Kenneth Treacy v. Lee James Menswear Limited and James O’Regan followed on from a 2021 High Court decision in the case of Foo...
Independent Irish Health Foods acquired by Bellingham Capital
RDJ advised the shareholders of Independent Irish Health Foods (IIHF) on its sale to investment fund, Bellingham Capital. Headquartered in Ballyvourney in Co Cork, IIHF is one...
RDJ partners Marie Gavin and John Cuddigan consider the use of earn-outs in share purchase transactions in Ireland in this Practical Law Insight. In particular they highlight ...
Cork solar project to power up to 16,000 homes
RDJ advised Danish energy company, Ørsted on its acquisition of its first Irish solar farm in an agreement with renewable energy developer Terra Solar.
Enhanced merger review powers for the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission under new legislation
The Competition Amendment Bill 2022 recently completed all stages of the Oireachtas (Houses of Parliament) and has been sent to the President to be signed into law. While the ...
Dublin Meat Company secures investment for expansion
Dublin Meat Company has secured a multi-million euro investment from BGF, Ireland’s largest growth capital investor. Part of the funding will be used to acquire Monaghan food ...