Partner, Cork Office
Seán is a Partner, practising as part of the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team. He has broad-ranging experience as a corporate lawyer. Seán is well respected as a trusted adviser with a depth of legal knowledge and a pragmatic, result-focussed approach in company, contract and commercial law. On the transactional side, Seán has extensive experience in high value mergers and acquisitions work, including a number of high profile sales and acquisitions in the technology, hospitality and healthcare sectors. Seán regularly advises upon the company law issues arising from and implemented a number of complex group re-organisations.
He also frequently advises on equity financing projects and has handled investment work for companies, private investors and venture capital investors.
Seán has lectured in contract law and intellectual property law on the LLB course in Griffith College Cork. Seán has had his published work cited with approval by the Irish High Court.
- on the sale of Compliance and Risks Limited on its sale to Luminate Capital.
- iNua Group Re-organisation and Equity Fundraising.
- on the Sale of Oxymem Limited on its acquisition by the DuPont Group.
- SensL Technologies on its acquisition by ON Semiconductor, a Nasdaq-listed Fortune 500 company headquartered in Arizona.
- Davy Real Estate on its acquisition of McWilliam Park, Connemara Coast, Harvey’s Point and Ballymascanlon Hotels.
- Healthcare 21- part sale to private equity in 2018 and its acquisition of O’Flynn Medical in 2022.
University College Cork (BCL Hons), (LLM), (Phd Candidate)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
- The Doctrine of State Liability for Breach of EU Law in the Irish Superior Courts (2020) 64 Irish Jurist 64-96
- Irish Tax Review - Criminalising Corruption: Criminal Justice (Corruption Offences) Act 2018 This article first appeared in Irish Tax Review, Vol. 32 No. 3 (2019) © Irish Tax Institute
- Köbler in the Common Law Courts: Cooper v Attorney General (2014) 17 Irish Journal of European Law 87
- E-Commerce and Contract Making (2012) 4(3) Irish Business Law Quarterly 19
- The Private Enforcement of European Community Law in the Irish Superior Courts (2009) 31 Dublin University Law Journal 324- cited with approval by Edwards J. in in the case of Environmental Protection Agency -v- Neiphin Trading Ltd & Ors  IEHC 67
Incredible subject matter expertise, dedication and constant positive attitude towards the work was most impressive. It was a project that took a number of months and his focus and determination kept the deal on track and ensured the positive outcome.– The Legal 500 (2022)
pulled together all my thoughts and theories into coherent responses and dealt with daily curve balls– Eddie Kent, Chief Financial Officer, DPS Group
Seán is recognised for exceptional standing in the legal community for his work in Commercial, Corporate and M&A in The Legal 500.– The Legal 500
Brightwater Group acquires Raretec Recruitment
RDJ advised Brightwater Group on its acquisition of Raretec Recruitment, a leading actuarial recruitment specialist.
KARL STORZ acquires AventaMed DAC
RDJ advised AventaMed DAC on its acquisition by KARL STORZ, a German medical device company that manufactures and sells endoscopes and surgical instruments.
Sandvik acquires PMT Premier Machine Tools
RDJ advised PMT Premier Machine Tools Limited on its acquisition by Sandvik, a Swedish multinational engineering company specializing in metal cutting, digital and additive ma...
Otonomee secures investment for expansion
Otonomee has secured a €1.5 million investment from the Martello Group to facilitate their continued international growth and development.
Phenna Group acquires Maurice Johnson & Partners
RDJ advised Maurice Johnson & Partners on its acquisition by UK testing, inspection, certification & compliance firm, Phenna Group.
Tenant finds there is no frustration during Covid
A very recent High Court judgement in the case of Kenneth Treacy v. Lee James Menswear Limited and James O’Regan followed on from a 2021 High Court decision in the case of Foo...