Partner, Dublin Office
Evin is head of RDJ's highly-regarded Real Estate team. He specialises in property development and investment across residential (both traditional, social and PRS schemes) and commercial sectors. He advises a broad range of clients including developers, financial institutions, government agencies and investors. Clients value his commercial approach to transactions and his ability to navigate complex and diverse legal issues to ensure the best commercial outcomes.
Evin spent four years as Senior Legal Advisor in the National Asset Management Agency where he advised on large-scale portfolio loan sales, debt restructures, development financing, stapled-financing, insolvency and multi-jurisdictional enforcements.
- Advising Marlet Property Group in respect of prominent development schemes in Dublin including College Square (540,000 sq. ft. Grade A Offices).
- Advising Bain Capital/Lugus Capital in the acquisition and subsequent disposal of multi scheme PRS portfolios to international private wealth funds.
- Advising Glenveagh Properties plc. on the acquisition of several prominent development landbanks including c 70 acres at Tyrrelstown, Dublin.
- Advising MasterCard Inc. in relation to the leasing of its European Technology Hub and Innovation Campus at 1&2 South County, Leopardstown, Dublin – comprising 200,000 sg.ft.
- Advising InfraRed Capital – on the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of 191 residential units at Northern Cross, Dublin.
University College Cork (LLB)
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Property Tax), (Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing),(Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring), (Diploma in Commercial Litigation)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
The real estate team led by Evin McCarthy, is very strong and impressive. The team is commercial, solution-driven, alert and responsive. They use team members at the correct level according to the task.– The Legal 500 (2023)
Great blend of technical knowledge and commercial practicality. He is always engaged, available and up to date on the real estate sector.– The Legal 500 2022
Evin McCarthy is a standout lawyer with great technical ability and market awareness.– The Legal 500 (2023)
New on the spot fines for employers
Jennifer Cashman and Diarmuid O’Neill from RDJ’s Employment team review the newly enacted regulations from the WRC who have now introduced on the spot fines for businesses who...
RDJ Housing Conference: Foundations 24
RDJ held its inaugural housing conference, Foundations 24, at Páirc Uí Chaoimh on 25 January 2024 with over 300 clients, colleagues and industry stakeholders in attendance.
Secure Tenancy Affordable Rental (STAR) Scheme – How does it work and will it be a success?
The Secure Tenancy Affordable Rental (STAR) scheme has been brought forward by the Government to assist the delivery of new rental stock that will be earmarked for those in th...
Land Development Agency - Announcement of intention to expand its current function to acquire land privately
On Friday 21 July 2023, the Land Development Agency announced that it is now seeking expressions of interest from private landowners as it plans to begin purchasing privately-...
RDJ expands real estate practice with new housing team
RDJ has appointed Paul McCutcheon as Partner to fill the new role of Head of Housing.
UCC receives €50m funding for new Cork business school
RDJ is advising University College Cork on a EUR 50 million loan by the European Investment Bank.