Partner, Dublin Office
Evin is head of RDJ's highly-regarded Real Estate team. He specialises in property development and investment across residential (both traditional, social and PRS schemes) and commercial sectors. He advises a broad range of clients including developers, financial institutions, government agencies and investors. Clients value his commercial approach to transactions and his ability to navigate complex and diverse legal issues to ensure the best commercial outcomes.
Evin spent four years as Senior Legal Advisor in the National Asset Management Agency where he advised on large-scale portfolio loan sales, debt restructures, development financing, stapled-financing, insolvency and multi-jurisdictional enforcements.
- Advising Marlet Property Group in respect of prominent development schemes in Dublin including College Square (540,000 sq. ft. Grade A Offices).
- Advising Bain Capital/Lugus Capital in the acquisition and subsequent disposal of multi scheme PRS portfolios to international private wealth funds.
- Advising Glenveagh Properties plc. on the acquisition of several prominent development landbanks including c 70 acres at Tyrrelstown, Dublin.
- Advising MasterCard Inc. in relation to the leasing of its European Technology Hub and Innovation Campus at 1&2 South County, Leopardstown, Dublin – comprising 200,000 sg.ft.
- Advising InfraRed Capital – on the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of 191 residential units at Northern Cross, Dublin.
University College Cork (LLB)
Law Society of Ireland (Diploma in Property Tax), (Diploma in Commercial Conveyancing),(Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring), (Diploma in Commercial Litigation)
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland.
Great blend of technical knowledge and commercial practicality. He is always engaged, available and up to date on the real estate sector.– The Legal 500 2022
Eviction Bans as against Housing Need…. a difficult one!
RDJ Real Estate partner, Pat Ahern outlines the effects of the recent “eviction ban” which is due to expire in two weeks and highlights the possible options that may be offere...
RDJ appoints Evin McCarthy to lead its Real Estate Group
RDJ has appointed Evin McCarthy as the new Head of the Firm’s Real Estate Group. Evin is a partner in the firm’s Dublin office, where he represents developers, financial insti...
Expiration of the extension of notices of termination dates approaching – what should you know?
The extension of termination dates for residential tenancies will begin to expire on 31 March next in accordance with The Residential Tenancies (Deferment of Termination Dates...
CEA New Information Note
The Corporate Enforcement Authority issued its first information note of 2023 providing helpful guidance to directors of companies on how to put in place early warning tools t...
Tenant finds there is no frustration during Covid
A very recent High Court judgement in the case of Kenneth Treacy v. Lee James Menswear Limited and James O’Regan followed on from a 2021 High Court decision in the case of Foo...
Residential Tenancies – Deferral of termination dates and wider impacts on the rental market and the property market
On 18 October 2022, the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O’Brien, received Cabinet approval for legislation which will provide a temporary and cond...