Our dedicated construction team empower our clients to drive projects forward by resolving obstacles quickly and efficiently.Meet the team
As recognised leaders in their field, our highly focused lawyers are experienced in the latest procurement, construction, dispute avoidance and resolution practices and collaborate closely with technical advisors to ensure our clients can focus on achieving their ambitions. We advise on all aspects of construction and infrastructure projects, as well as managing complex transactions related to education, hospitality, office, retail, industrial and residential developments and advising on contentious issues and construction disputes, including adjudication and conciliation.
As our team includes experienced construction and procurement solicitors and an in-house construction consultant, we have an unmatched ability to interface between technical and legal issues on construction and infrastructure matters. By providing practical advice, focusing on problem solving and risk mitigation, we optimise construction projects for success across the journey.
Our services include advice on:
- Building and engineering contracts (eg FIDIC, NEC, RIAI, Public Works)
- Collateral warranties and bonds
- Contract preparation and negotiations
- Contractual claims
- Development agreements
- Collaboration agreements
- Dispute resolution (adjudication, conciliation, arbitration) and avoidance
- Health and safety
- Project insurance
- Public procurement issues
- Public private partnerships
- Risk analysis and management
- Development of Navigation Square, which includes four signature buildings and 310,000 sq ft of fourth generation office space in Cork City, designed to Gold LEED standards.
- Development of Penrose Dock, located on Cork City’s North Quays. The €125M office development includes three signature buildings, 250,000 sq. ft of office space and is deigned to Gold LEED standards.
- Haulbowline Island East Tip Remediation Project, which involved enabling works and remediation works at the site of the former steel works on Haulbowline Island, Cork.
- Construction and letting of the largest airport hangar in Europe.
- Hospital projects involving preparing and negotiating the construction contracts and the design team appointments, performance security documents and collateral agreements.
- Public body on a €40M affordable purchase housing scheme.
- Kilkenny Abbey Quarter on the development of the 16-acre Smithwicks Brewery Site in Kilkenny town centre.
very wise and experienced construction lawyer. Very easy to deal with and very effective at what she does, combining her specialist skills with a pragmatic approach– The Legal 500 (2022)
Incredibly experienced and really understands our business. She always delivers a first-class service to us– The Legal 500 (2022)
superb grasp of the legal issues in the construction area, provides us with really solid and well-thought-out advice– The Legal 500 (2022)
Alison Bearpark is an excellent communicator. She is very responsive and her ability to meet hard deadlines is noteworthy– Chambers Europe (2022)
extremely helpful in explaining complex elements of the contract in understandable terms. Her advice was sound and overall she was very efficient, accessible and responsive– The Legal 500 (2022)