Healthcare Real Estate
Companies operating in the healthcare sector today face an increasingly complex and competitive landscape. They need legal advisors who can address the wide range of challenges they face in real estate transactions.
With insight into the key issues in healthcare, we bring together the brightest minds across our healthcare, real estate, construction, finance, corporate and tax teams to advise on projects, both large and small.
Our clients include public and private hospitals, primary care centres, pharmacies, nursing and long-term care facilities and leading research institutes and universities.
Acquisitions and dispositions
Funding, security and refinancing
Compliance and regulatory
- Advising Bon Secours Health System, the largest provider of private healthcare services in the State, on:
a major capital project of the order of approximately €70m involving a six-story expansion at Bon Secours Hospital, Cork;
joint venture arrangements with the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) (a US$12.8 billion integrated global non-profit health enterprise) to establish a state of the art Radiotherapy Centre at Bon Secours Hospital Cork;
planning, procurement, construction and development of a new €140m hospital in Limerick, the first newly-built private hospital in Ireland in 20 years;
development of consultant medical suites at Bon Secours Hospital Tralee; and
the acquisition of Barringtons Hospital, Limerick.
- on the establishment of the first and largest Primary Healthcare Centre in Ireland with both GPs and HSE community services working out of the same location
- on numerous acquisitions and disposals of both large pharmacy groups and individual pharmacies.
- on the acquisition and disposal of numerous medical and dental practices.
- Advising Wealth Options Trustees Limited on funding models for site acquisition, construction, development and leasing of primary care centres to the HSE, local General Practitioners and pharmacies.
Experienced in all areas of healthcare– The Legal 500 (2022)